About Dr. Thomas Aller
Dr. Thomas Aller is an internationally known optometrist offering your family comprehensive eye care, prescription glasses, complex contact lens care, co-management of LASIK and other refractive surgeries, Ortho-K for gentle overnight vision correction and proven methods to control myopia. Thoroughly committed to caring for his clients since 1983, Dr. Aller is the optometrist you can depend on for your family’s vision care.
Dr. Aller has conducted revolutionary research in the control of myopia through his CONTROL Study, a randomized clinical trial that proved the success of his method of myopia control. After being awarded one of the world’s first patents in myopia control treatments, Dr. Aller began collaborating with an international vision research consortium, to develop and bring to market new and improved methods of myopia control. He also developed a software product, Exerceyes, designed to provide eye exercises to the computer user to reduce eyestrain.
Besides contributing regularly to the field of vision science and the development of innovative treatments, Dr. Aller sees patients regularly at his state-of-the-art optometry office in San Bruno, California.
Dr. Aller’s Degrees and Certifications
- B.A. (With Highest Honors and Great Distinction), Zoology, University of California, Berkeley, 1979
- B.S. (With High Honors), Physiological Optics, University of California, Berkeley, 1981
- O.D. School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- Certified in Medical Treatment of Eye Diseases, University of California, Berkeley, 1996
- Certified in Treatment of Glaucoma, University of California, Berkeley, 2000
- Certified in Co-Management of Refractive Surgery (LASIK) by Turner Eye Institute, 1996
- Certified in Corneal Refractive Therapy (Orthokeratology) by Paragon Vision Sciences, 2000
In addition to all of the degrees and accreditations that Dr. Aller has received, he lectures internationally and stays current by regularly attending classes and medical seminars to bring you, the patient, the most advanced techniques and prescriptions for eye care..