Dr. Thomas A. Aller and his staff take pride in providing the highest quality of eye care for your family. We take pride in bringing to our office and to our patients the latest equipment in our mission to preserve, protect and enhance vision and eye health. Dr. Aller doesn’t know much about fashion, but his staff sure does, and you can be sure that they will help you craft your look and optimize your appearance with our extensive selection of the latest fashion frames. Dr. Aller is one of the nation’s leading experts in helping to control myopia progression in children. Over the years, he and his staff have helped countless patients with all of their vision care needs. Here are some reasons why more people in Bay Area trust us.
- Computerized and manual vision testing to ensure the clearest vision
- Fast automated peripheral vision testing to detect eye disease at the earliest stages
- Optos Panoramic digital retinal photography for detecting and monitoring retinal conditions
- Video documentation capturing a permanent digital image of the eye’s condition with cameras and microscopes
- Corneal mapping for laser vision and corneal reshaping management and contact lens design
- Three different methods for gentle eye pressure measurement, including the world’s least annoying method
- On-site laboratory for excellent quality eyeglasses when you need them in a hurry
About Dr. Thomas Aller
Dr. Thomas Aller is an internationally known optometrist in San Bruno, CA, offering your family comprehensive eye care, prescription glasses, complex contact lens care, co-management of LASIK and other refractive surgeries, Ortho-K for gentle overnight vision correction and his patented and proven methods to control myopia. Thoroughly committed to caring for his clients since 1983, Dr. Aller is the optometrist you can depend on for your family’s vision care.
Dr. Aller has conducted revolutionary research in the control of myopia through his CONTROL Study, a randomized clinical trial that proved the success of his method of myopia control. After being awarded one of the world’s first patents in myopia control treatments, Dr. Aller began collaborating with an international vision research consortium, to develop and bring to market new and improved methods of myopia control.
He also developed a software product, Exerceyes, designed to provide eye exercises to the computer user to reduce eyestrain. Along with his son Brian, they have developed Myappia, an Android app for projecting myopia progression with and without myopia control treatments.
Besides contributing regularly to the field of vision science and the development of innovative treatments, Dr. Aller sees patients regularly at his state-of-the-art optometry office in San Bruno, California.
Dr. Aller’s Degrees and Certifications
- B.A. (With Highest Honors and Great Distinction), Zoology, University of California, Berkeley, 1979
- B.S. (With High Honors), Physiological Optics, University of California, Berkeley, 1981
- O.D. School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- Certified in Medical Treatment of Eye Diseases, University of California, Berkeley, 1996
- Certified in Treatment of Glaucoma, University of California, Berkeley, 2000
- Certified in Co-Management of Refractive Surgery (LASIK) by Turner Eye Institute, 1996
- Certified in Corneal Refractive Therapy (Orthokeratology) by Paragon Vision Sciences, 2000
- Fellow, British Contact Lens Association
- Associate member, International Society of Contact Lens Specialists, 2017
- Visiting Research Scholar, University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry, 2017
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston, College of Optometry, 2017
- Award of Excellence from the Global Specialty Lens Symposium for contributions to the field of myopia control
In addition to all of his degrees and accreditations, Dr. Aller lectures internationally and stays current by regularly attending classes and medical seminars to bring you, the patient, the most advanced techniques and prescriptions for eye care in San Bruno, CA.
About Dr. Jenny Lam
Dr. Lam has received internship training at the following clinics in addition to UC Berkeley:
- Atwater Castle Health Center: emphasis in primary care, ocular disease diagnosis and management, and research.
- San Jose VAMC: emphasis in primary care, ocular disease diagnosis and management, and low vision.
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System: emphasis in primary care, contact lenses, pre/post op care for cataract and refractive surgery.
- San Rafael Community Health Care Clinic: primary care, comprehensive eye exams and problem focused examinations.
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association